My ho hum Saturday was well on it's way with me getting frustrated with the kids for lolly-gagging around and not doing their Saturday jobs. (does anyone else have this problem? help!) Russell had just gotten home from Park City from taking up some stuff he built for the Sundance Film Festival. He asked me a simple question that got my heart a racing......what would you like me to do for you today? Wow! As a huge list of things suddenly queued their way alphabetically in my mind....(bathroom shower, basement finishing touches, bathroom sink, bedroom, bedroom floor, closet, etc....) not 30 seconds later his phone rang requesting his presence back up the mountain to change something on the bar/tables he made.
Oh the dissappointment!
So what did I do? I said hang on--I'm coming with you! Kam begged to come too. Russ dropped us off at the outlet mall and said he'd be back in about an hour.
I couldn't believe the sales!! Ladies if you need anything, I mean anything. Head on up to Old Navy, Children's Place, Gymboree, etc. I stocked up on tons of stuff. Long sleeve t's 2$, fleece 2-5$, dresses 3.99-12$, boys lounge pants (the silky ones)-2$, Crazy!! I have had the hardest time lately finding skirts and dresses around here. Kamryn absolutely refuses to wear pants, jeans, or sweats. We're talking total dramatic breakdown. I only insist every 2 weeks or so when I see her cute jeans just laying so lonely in her drawer. She'll wear only dresses and skirts. I hit the jackpot and Kamryn loved every bit. Yup, school shopping is done already...for Kam that is. I even found some boots and church shoes for myself. Yippee.
When Russell picked us up 2 1/2 hours later, I was sooooo glad to see him. My hands and arms were tired from carrying all my loot. Kam did super good--she didn't even climb in the middle of the clothes racks and sing at the top of her lungs for once! When we got home, Russ took us all out to Applebees for dinner---and he was pleasant the whole time. It helped immensely that he threatened the kids to be on their best behavior....and it worked. We've been banned from going out to eat with kids, cuz they usually are so crazy, nobody enjoys thier food. But they actually behaved themselves andwe had great service.....what a miracle.
We got in the car and Kamryn said, "Daddy-O, you rock......like a star!"
I couldn't agree more.
What a good day.
1 day ago



2 comments:
ooooh, i went to these sales last year and couldn't believe it. maybe my kids will get better really fast and i can go on monday...oh wait, that's tomorrow. bummer.
So I know this is a couple weeks old and I'm finally reading this. You'll probably never see this comment, but... Kamryn's comment to Russell is hysterical! That's great.
Post a Comment