1/26/2009

It pays to serve

Though ragged, tired, and family deprived I served.
Tonight after work I had the once in a lifetime experience of cleaning the new Draper temple with some of the youth in our ward. It was an amazing experience to say the least. We were able to clean the entire temple (only the horizontal surfaces with a damp rag) that was our little groups assignment. We were able to go through every room, laundry, business suites, sealing, ordinance, celestial and other rooms. What an amazing and spiritual place. The kids had a great time. They learned a lot as Suz and I explained what we could about what goes on there. It was great. Clean. Crisp. comfortable. quiet. like going home.
WOW!
If you haven't visited yet, I encourage you to do so. It's a smaller temple. Very cozy. beautiful.

We were able to take a few minutes in the celestial room and it was inspiring to watch the kids' reaction to the beautiful room and the presence there.

The rewards were so much greater than the work. Is this what life is supposed to be all about?

I think so.

ps
Do you think the interior designer of the temple would come to my ghetto house and do something with it??????? I want that couch, and that one chair. Oh and that table and lamp too. Hmmmmm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is a really cool experience for the youth. great idea.
and you hae no idea how many times i've dreampt that some interior designer (with my taste, of course) would just show up at my door with a notebook full of ideas. not even to give it to me. just what to do so i have some kind of idea. i'm soooo lame with that kind of stuff.