1 day ago
2/08/2008
Who needs sleep?
Why is it that when I don't get enough sleep by choice I am fine--but when I am deprived of those blessed 8 hrs due to circumstances that are beyond my own control (like sick kids) I don't function well?? I think this aging business is sinking in with a sledge hammer. I used to work night shifts. For 6 years I worked 7pm-7am 3 to 4 nights a week. I seemed to managed just fine on 4 hours of sleep. I was even known to ski after a night shift, sleep for a few hours and then work all night again the next night then ski again the next day. But now in my elderly state--I can't seem to function on an accumulated 10 hours in 3 nights. Crazy!! I tried to hold it together--even when the drive through at Wendy's jipped Kamryn out of her frosty AND her toy, I even tried to hold it together when I was trying to nap and the phone rang 3 times in the 30 minutes I had to myself before I had to fix dinner. But when I found the hook of my cute silver rock earrings cut with toe nail clippers--I lost it!! Motherhood is wonderful, fabulous, rewarding, endearing, and very special, but it does have it's moments!! Oh by the way I finally did it. I had the long overdue "birds & bees" talk with Kaden. It went pretty well I guess cuz he thinks the whole thing is disgusting. Fhheww!! One more thing off my to do list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
What is sleep? sometimes you wonder. you could always let them climb in bed with you and sleep with 1/2 your butt off the bed and constantly recovering your children to make sure they're all "snuggly" while makeing shure they don't breath on you or anywere near your face!--that happened to me last night. so fun
i am using so much anti-bacterial at my house so that hyrum doesn't get this crud thats going around. i agree that when it's my choice, i cope much much better than when i'm forced out of sleep by others...not so much.
Post a Comment