I know I know--that wasn't nice--but I just had to do something like that--it was after all April Fools day. I fed my kids hot dogs, jello, and green beans for breakfast, then eggs & waffles for dinner. They loved that!! I got my co-workers pretty good too.....taping the mouse to their computers to their mouse pads, taping their drawers & cupboards, and keyboard pull-outs shut--he h eh e the bad thing is I wasn't there to witness the chaos. Hmmmm. Yes they did get me back. Have you ever tried to replace the keys on your keyboard without looking? Did you know the keys on your keyboard were removable???--yup they pop right off.
Well a few things have happened in the last couple of days. --Russell did get a job!! Yeah! This time it is for real. He will be working for this company in Ogden. If you really know Russell--you know it is his absolute dream job---designing and modeling snow and water skis. Also may require product testing and some traveling to trade shows. Hmmmmm that doesn't suck--for him. He's really excited about it -- I am too--but I needed more time for him to work on honey-do's at home (he's texturing the bathroom --right this very minute) . He's not looking forward to the commute though. the front runner commuter train (with wi-fi capability) should be up and running the end of April--so that will make it bearable at least.
So that brings me to our next plan ----before Russ starts his new job--we thought we'd take an impromptu family vacation to California!! It was kind of a sudden thing but we're all excited to go. This was the incentive when I worked those extra days last month--but we didn't think we could swing it when Russ lost his job. So----were going to do it!! We've been flip flopping between driving and flying and now it looks like we'll be flying--thanks to generous friends and family who work for Jet Blue. (Thanks again Diane and Suzanne!!) My brother, Troy, his wife Diane and their kids will be going with us for a few days Horray!! It'll be oodles of fun. I'm glad we're going now while Kamryn is sooo into the Princess mode. We'll be hitting most of the major attractions---Disneyland, California Adventure, Sea World & the San Diego Zoo. If that's not enough--we'll try to squeeze in Universal Studios---but I think we'll be exhausted long before that. Hmmmmmm can I go without Guitar Hero for that long?? Maybe we'll be able to find a Best Buy and jam in the store.
If any of you have travel tips for me--let me know--soon. :)
1 day ago



2 comments:
How fun!!! You need to hit the beach too though! I've been itching for the beach lately. ahhh!!! I'm excited for you guys! Russell told me about that job! It sounds awesome! So happy for you!!! Love you.
wow - that sounds like a great job. congrats to him. and i'm sure california will treat you great and you'll need a vacation after your vacation. i'll have to find out what the boys thought of disneyland. we want to go next year and i want to know how my boys will fare.
Post a Comment