4/24/2008

She finally did it!!

Yup, Kamryn finally got rid of her binky!!!

She kind of did it on her own---with a little bit of incentive.

First of all Russell told her that only big girls without binky's could go see the princesses at Disneyland. So she (not me or Russ) decided to leave it home. Her decision--(I actually took 2 back ups cuz I honestly didn't htink she could do it)

She only asked for her binky the first night we were there. I really think she was too exhausted to even think about it the other nights.

When we got home---WOW! She pitched a huge fit. I guess she had been looking forward to having it when she got home the entire time we were gone. She really sobbed, screamed, and put up a fight. But--after 7 days without it--I wasn't going to give in.

It took 3 nights of her coming in to our bed in the wee hours--and now TA DA! no binky.

Then she remebered she got a prize at the toy store--which only cost 20$ and was worth every penny!!

Ok--the green walls--are still really green. they didn't fade...not one bit in the last 6 days. I tried to do a white glaze over the top--nope didn't work. I'll either will hope the accesories like towel racks, towells, & shelves will break it up enough so it's not so horrific--or I'll half to paint ---again. Boo!

2 comments:

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Nice job!!! I remember when my family went to Disney World in Florida when I was younger and my mom purposely left my "na-na" (pronounced nuh nuh)which was my blanket, at the hotel. I bawled and bawled for days. I really felt like I had suffered the death of my best friend. I still whimper at night sometimes due to this loss. Hahah..just kidding, but seriously I still remember how devastated I was.

Anonymous said...

wow. way to go camryn! i'll have to remember this when we go to disneyland next year. this just might work for kate.
i really really hope you don't have to paint again. if you do, what color are you going to try?