8/26/2008

whats up with that?




Why can't I grow big strawberries?? Does anyone out there have a green thumb? What are we doing wrong? We've had the plants for about 4 or 5 years now, they produce 2-3 times a year, but they are teeny and we don't get that many.

At least we have a few yummy ones for our cereal in the mornings.



So at Girls camp we made these darling pillows--thanks Zalia--again! They are made out of fleece and tied together and stuffed with batting. Ever since I brought mine home--it has been a wanted item--even though it is pink and flowery all over. Kam thinks she needs it, but the boys--including Russell always want it cuz it's soooo soft and fuzzy. So after I had broken up a fight between the 2 boys--yet again--I vowed to make them one--to make life easier for all of us. I just finished them.....



The fleece is on sale 40% off at Joanns. Huge selection. Huge! Kaden's is the softest and fluffiest--I guess it's better quality fleece-his cost 6$ instead of the 4$ for the other two. Karson's is the skull/camo one. They are sooooo cute and only took about an hour and a half for all 3. They will be great for our labor day weekend get-away. We are heading up to Washington--near Spokane for a family reunion. It will be tons of fun--but I am soooo dreading the 10 1/2 hour drive all night long....

Send us good Karma vibes for cheap gas and safe travel--and I'll see ya'll when we return :)

2 comments:

Bruce and Zalia said...

Terri! Those turned out so great! Lovin' the camo. Have fun on your adventure this weekend. I think it sounds very exciting!

Anonymous said...

my sister in seattle is trying to find fleece and not one fabric store has it and there are only two fabric stores in her area. i guess i should call her and ask her if she wants me to buy her some. like tomorrow with this sale. they turned out great.
where in spokane? you know tonasket is 3 1/2 hours from spokane. that's where we were last weekend.