9/15/2008

Saturday is a special day

It's the day we clean out our junk day!

Yup--we finally got a teeny bit of junk cleared out of the Baker yard. horray horray!!

I was able to toss:

  • 11 oil containers

  • 2 metal 5-gallon buckets & 3 lids

  • 1 huge gasoline tank for a truck

  • 2 leaf springs for a truck

  • 2 huge metal rotars

  • 1 very large piece of pvc pipe with flexible piece attached

  • 5 old lawn chairs

  • 1 door with frame included

  • 5-count em-5 bicycle frames and 1 ten-speed bike

  • 4 large swimming pools with holes and spider webs included

  • 3 old flower pots

  • 2 old squirt guns

  • 6 old blow-up pool toys

and numerous other miscellaneous items.

Wow--what a good feeling! We have a lot more to go too. (if the dumpster was slightly less filled we could have gotten rid of 2 of the 3 old motorcycles on the side of the house too)

We also got the pool taken down. sad. sad. sad. The pool was great fun this summer-lots of hours spent in and out of the water splashing about. We will also need to be around more next summer to invite more of you over to play...

Oh yeah--Love these for fall!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will buy these shoes if you will buy them with me. where are they? i'll get a different color than you. what kind of sock do you where with these? i've always wondered that.
amazing feeling, dejunking. and with the motorcycles...just lean them up alongside the dumpster around 1 a.m. and no one will know it was you. not your fault the dumpsters already full.

Emily said...

That has got to be such a good feeling! I love it when I de junk!! (The shoes are awesome, I can't wait to see you and noelle in them;)

big mama said...

I guess I should have said--these belong to Lands End. Love them!! they have so many colors to choose from. everyone could even get the same color--doesn't bother me :)
I have never been a sock lover--these shoes scream no socks--but you could wear them if you wanted--I guess.