2/17/2008

You can't skimp on some things


For the last 7 months I have been using up some dryer sheets that i just do not like. 7 months you say?---well I got them at Costco and you can't buy anything small there. When I went to get some Bounce--it was no where to be found and in my cheapskate moment--I thought--hey if I just get the Kirkland brand I'll save a $ 1.39 and it'll be great. well..... I didnt' realize how much I disliked them until I got the real "Bounce" again. mmmmmm there's just nothing better than fresh warm clothes that smell good from the dryer. Oh--I may need to mention--I got a new dryer!!! If you recall my deliriously long laundry days waiting for my ancient dryer to dry clothes (2hrs +) now 1 load.....35 minutes!! Woohoo! I love it. Even though it was a Valentines Day present.


There are things you can get away with not buying name brand goods. But then there are those that you definately cannot "skimp" I was just thinking about other things you just can't skimp on.


cream cheese-Philadelphia
deodorant-Secret
sausage (don't ever get farmland--disgusting!)
peanut butter-
toilet paper-Charmin
Q-Tips
Butter-not margarine (even though it's not healthy at all)
Bread
Downy

Did I miss anything?





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the post! Don't forget Ranch dressing, and hair gel! oh yea, and dipers!

Bruce and Zalia said...

What are dipers? :) Um, I also think that you cannot skimp on condensed soup -- the WF brand is gross. I am really picky about cheese and ice cream, too. Well, and clothes, and make-up, and shoes, and...I could go on, couldn't I? I am obnoxious. I am bugging myself right now.

Anonymous said...

diapers! bloggs need spell check! ahhhh...

big mama said...

Zalia--you are hilarious! Yes ditto on the shoes. and definately Ranch dressing and dipers/diapers. Maybe I should've made a list of things you can skimp on....

Marti said...

This is my first time visiting your blog Miss Terri - I love it, very cute! I completely agree on the Downey laundry softener - I use both the liquid and sheets (not in the same load though). Sometimes Greg will try to buy some cheapy off-brand and I can't stand the smell. I end up using them on only his and the dog's stuff - ha! The other thing I can't live without now is mineral foundation - I like it so much better than liquid! Does anyone have a good suggestion for hair products? (shampoo, conditioner, gel, etc) Any recommendations??

Babbs said...

Totally agree on the Philadephia Cream Cheese, diapers (Huggies), and Campbell's soups. I love professional hair products but if I have to skimp I think Suave is the best of the the cheapest. I noticed my kids' hair looked so nice with Suave kids shampoo and tried the grownup stuff and it's not bad. I love Bounce Febreeze dryer sheets, my new fav. I also love Malt-o-meal cereals better than the regular brand now.