6/07/2008

OK so here goes

On Memorial Day the Baker Bunch usually tries to get together down at the cabin. This is the first time this year we went--oh what fun it is. It is so beautiful--and unfortunately I forgot to take any photos--so here's couple of photos from last fall.






We spent Friday night through Sunday night here--then we had to go home so I could work on Monday. It is such a great place to be. Relaxing--except when all of us are down there--then it gets a bit crazy. It would have been a wee bit more relaxing had it not been snowing and all 18 cousins were trapped inside.....



But it was nice to be down there. The cabin is down in Fairview at Skyline Mt. Resort. Already it is one of our favorite places to be.



Monday (Memorial Day) also happened to be Karson's birthday--I promised photos -- so here they are:


He got a fun new Wii game, a big super soaker for the lake, a card game...



a Lego set.




And here is Karson's swimming pool ice cream cake with lego guys swimming in the pool. There is cookie dough ice cream topped with blue whipping cream surrounded by chocolate covered wafer cookies, blue licorice ladder, and peach gummy tubes. cute huh! The only problem was--I didn't make it early enough and it didn't set up quite right and melted all over. He was thrilled and that is all that matters.




And I also promised photos of the new me-- sooooo




here are my new glasses, one pair anyway, my other pair is in the car, my new do, and best of all--my new lake Powell tan! Boy am I ready for summer! I love my hair. It is so quick and easy. and it doesnt' ever mess up. It was great for the lake.


OK--my eyes look a little crooked---I hadn't really noticed that before.....

So I think I've blogged enough for now. I'm waiting for some more Lake Powell photos so I can put them all on my picasa web page--maybe tomorrow I'll get some more from my brother and sis and mom & dad. Just know we had a fabulous time!!! There isn't anything quite like it anywhere.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, your hair is so cute. i'm so jealous. i've always dreamed of chopping off my hair. and i love your glasses too. love them.
is this the amazing cabin we are going to go to for a girls weekend away? (hint hint) it's beautiful

Babbs said...

Wowie! That's such a nice cabin! How many square feet is that place? So, if you do a girls weekend, I'm inviting myself to come. I'm sure I'd love all your friends!

big mama said...

It's a great cabin-- around 3,000 sq feet. I'll have to see what I can do about a girls weekend...hmmmm that sounds fun!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair!!!