10/05/2008

aaaaahhhhhhhh

A nice hot shower. So lovely. The boys are in bed, Kam's at Gramma's house. After a weekend camping in the cold and rain and mud.... I decided to treat myself to a hot shower. I was begining to offend myself and those near me...it was time. so, have you ever done something you've done a lot and then one time you do it and it turns out allllll wrong? Well--I did tonight and I'm paying dearly...
Nair--its really a good thing for those of us who have sensitive armpits. Yes there is something sensitive about me --- i admit it... it's my pits. Can't shave them without getting a rash. ever. So I've been using Nair for the last several weeks. Works great--except tonight. I finish with my shampoo, soap, and other needs, then move on to the pits. I slather a large amount onto those sensitive skin zones and wait the alloted 5-7 minutes--cuz they are never done in 3 minutes like the label says. I got the washcloth to wipe off the mess and lo and behold--nothing happened, so I did it again, and again, and again. Still nothing. so I used force. Never use force when scrubbing off Nair. It just so happens to take the first --and maybe second layer of skin off. This causes much pain and burning. Hot water really is not a comfortable companion of chemically removed tender, sensitive skin. It hurts like crazy!! They are on fiyah!!
So now I have an even larger rash than I would have had if I had used a razor, a chemically enhanced new layer of skin.....and measurable (about 1/4 inch long) hair remaining in my pits. Oweeeee. Have you ever tried to do anything with your elbows up and out so as not to disturb the pits...yah...it's fun.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh I am feeling your pain just sitting here!! I have done that before, and all I can say is OUCH!!!

Brooke said...

I'm sorry. I hope you're feeling better.