10/24/2008

Be back soon

My fun time away is about to end.

I've been in Denver at a Children's Oncology Conference, along 1599 other people who work in the cancer field with kids from across the world. It's been a good conference--I wish there was more nursing influence--I guess cuz that's what I'm interested in. But overall it's been pretty good.

The best part (by far)about the trip was meeting up with Russell's cousin (I guess she's my cousin too...) Marni. We hooked up and did some walking down 16th street, ate at a great Indian resturant (dot---not feather) YUM!!, looked at her amazing digital scrapbooks--(I soo need to get into that), and saw Secret Life of Bees--which was fabulous (which was funny-because i didn't love the book). What fun--a little girls night out. We talked and talked and talked. mostly about great books and i guess lots of other stuff.. it was great fun. Thanks Marni for showing me the town. Wish it was a little warmer--we picked the coldest day ever to get together.

So I've skipped out of a presentation on Advances in Pediatric Cancer imaging--and have a little spare time before check out. Hmmmmmm an hour and a half in a quiet room, big pillows, and a book... what am I still doing on the computer? ...

Then off to the airport for another groping session with the airport security gal....we're pretty tight now ya know.....

No comments: