11/05/2008

It is finally over!

I didn't know how out of control it really was...

I found myself defending a person I didn't vote for nor do I know much about, but I must find out because he is our next POTUS. Yesterday Karson (7) came home from school wondering who I voted for. Well--I didn't tell him at first, then he said, "I know you voted for McCain because you love babies." I didn't quite understand what he was talking about--so I had him explain. It is curious how things spread around elementary schools.....Apparently word has exploded that Obama is a bad person because he kills little babies. What?? I had some education to give to my school age boys. No we don't listen to crazy stories like that, and Obama really is a good man. Kaden was really disturbed--frightened I think when he went to bed thinking that the next POTUS would take away our guns and kill babies.

I am guilty--I have made comments like "this country is going to go to pot if he/she is elected", "He is going to ruin our coutnry". and "I would never vote for him."

The media--well I don't even need to say anything here. This is where horrible rumors and bad stories come from. The devil himself????

I feel sad for our kids who believe everything they hear from adults--even if it is not true. They are too trusting. We must watch what we say and talk to our children about today's issues. Educate them about our government and our freedoms.

I watched John McCain's concession speech last night and thought WOW--if everyone would listen to this, then maybe--just maybe, we as a country could come together, work together, pray together, and live together and be a better people. It is going to take more than we can do alone. We must have help from the heavens above. We must have hope. And faith.

I am so glad this election is over. No more phone calls, no more strangers at your door asking to put a sign in your yard. No more throwing away glossy finished, color printed fliers urging you to vote for some person or another. I am so glad America has spoken and we can hopefully make this place a brighter and better place to live.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm glad its over too! I've heard other kids have used that comment that Obama kills babies. My kids were able to vote at school, so when they came home I asked them who they voted for. They told me McCain, so I asked them why they made that decision. They all said it was because if Obama was the president he was going to separate all the boys and girls and make them go to different schools. What?! I don't know where they heard that but I kind of chuckled because its so far from the truth. I hope this country can come together and some of the problems can be looked at closely and hopefully fixed!!

Brooke said...

I think the baby killing comments are based on his partial birth abortion views. I've *HEARD* that he voted to not save babies born alive. I've not looked that up. But he DID say that he doesn't want his girls "punished with a baby." There's oftentimes some seed of truth in rumors - but not always!!! I'm also glad it's (mostly) over. We still don't know the final result on Prop 8 down here.