11/03/2008

seasons change

And thank goodness they do!!
I don't have a favorite season. I know that sounds weird. But I enjoy every season.

I love faLL. The colors. The brisk air. Crunchy leaves. The getting ready for winter time. The thrill of spending time outside in the warm enough for a jacket but not bundled yet afternoon. Soups, stews, pumpkin or apple filled recipes. Piles of leaves to jump in over and over before stuffing them into a bag. The warmth of the heater kicking on a chilly afternoon.

I love WiNteR. There is nothing quite so amazing as a fresh coating of snow. Clean. White. Serene. Softness. The best place is in the mountains--high up on a ski trail--with no one around to marr the beauty. The exhilarating swoosh in knee deep powder---Freshies!! Snowmen & angles. Snow forts, sledding, skiing, and sliding. Hot chocolate every afternoon-with marshmallows or candy canes. Snowflakes landing on your eyelashes. Cold cheeks and noses, eyes bright with excitement. All bundled up for a walk to the park--to swing on the frozen swings. Just one more storm before spring--please?!

I love SpRiNg. Snow covered dandelions, crocuses, and tulips. Leaves budding. Sprigs of green squeezing up through the brown undergrowth. Everything is alive. Chirping. buzzing. Laughing. puddles to splash in. Walking in the rain. Soccer games. planting flower beds. Vowing to keep the weeds down to a minimum this year--but failing. The first camping trip in the trailer. Neighbors coming out of hibernation. Break out the porch monkey chairs--we're out to stay.

I love sUmMeR. Warm days and nights. The smell of fresh cut grass. Flowers, green, and color everywhere. Camping trips, Lake Powell, and barbecues. American Flags, potatoe salad, dutch oven cooking, ice cream. The chirping of crickets, splashing in the pool, reading in the shade, looking at the stars. Bike rides and then cool relief from the heat standing under the swamp cooler. summer vacation, movie days, and water parks. Ahhh summer.

I'm so glad I live where I do--to experience all these seasons. Love IT!!

1 comment:

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Amen! I can never choose a favorite season when I'm asked. Every season I find myself saying, "______ is my favorite season." Because I love them all!!! I get so excited at the beginning of every season.