Today I
- ran across the grass in bare feet
- jumped on the trampoline with my kids
- smiled at people when I ran errands (people thought I was wacko, they gave me weird looks......didn't even smile back)
- had a turkey, avacado, red pepper tortilla wrap. (I've been having this same lunch for 4 out of the last 5 days at home. So good. Also good with Hendricksons dressing=YUM)
- found out I have 2 cavities :(
- watched my second born go throught the rite of passage of the dreaded Easter Parade....
- and at the same program....saw butt cleavage
EEeeeewwwww! this is for you Deborah. I knew you would miss this sight, so I've documented it here for your sake...
- and as I kissed my kids goodnight I noticed all of them had sun kissed pink cheeks from playing outside all day today. we were unplugged......it was awesome!
Do you ever think at times in your life you have a theme? i know that sounds weird, but just bare with me.... my theme or motto if you will, in this phase of my life is --
"I don't remember where I put it"
I think I have a serious problem. I can't remember things. at all.
I dont' remember where the keys are.
I don't remember to finish things.
I don't remember where I put that library book,
I don't remember where I put the boys summer shorts?!?
I forgot to defrost the chicken.
Was I supposed to be in charge of that or did he say he would do it?
I joke about loosing my memory with the placenta when Kamryn was born.... but I think I really have a diagnosable condition. If I didn't have a cell phone that goes off to remind me to: bring things to work, to call somebody, go to the bank on my way home, as well as birthdays, dentist appointments, and gymnastics.....that is if I remember to put those events into the phone.
What's really weird is I remember most numbers. I know my drivers liscense, library card, mine and Russ' social. I remember Jennifer Grubb's phone number from first grade, 376-9616, and the Whitesides who I used to babysit for, 544-3324, but give me important dates to remember or things I put in a really special place....like the birthday check from last year that I just found and cashed...oops, sorry Betty.
Aye yi yie.
Does anyone have ideas to help them remember things?



4 comments:
oooooh butt cleavage. gag. retch. hurl.
remember? huh? what did you say? it is called TOO STRESSED OUT. majore reason for forgetfulness at our age. good luck with that.
Hi Terri-
With the memory thing I have a couple of suggestions. Tell yourself you CAN & WILL remember things. When you think about something like..."I need to bring that with me tomorrow" go ahead and put it in the car right when you are thinking about it! Do things as you think of them or write it down and put it somewhere you know you'll remember. I put post-its on my cell phone. Or notes on my keys. It's also why I carry a big bag. But, I always tell myself "You can remember this!" I think it helps.
Oh WOW! That was just the sight I was hoping to see today! If only that poor soul knew she was being photographed... onto the memory issue- umm well, I didn't know it could get worse from here! I already feel like I am a complete basket case with my memory and I only have one kid! ( maybe I had better stop at one!!) and you have given my hope now about finding my lost $75 gift certificate to the spa I got for christmas...??? (I miss you and your humor!! I hope all is well in Y.W.)
YESSSS! offically documented... and are you joining the alzheimer club like me?
Post a Comment