So this weekend we decided to take a brake from our worldy cares (and stake conference) and escape to our favorite mountain get-away......the cabin. Love it. Wow. I read the entire Saturday--well, I did take a brake to prepare food and throw snowballs off the deck, and maybe a few games with the kiddos. But I read most of the day in front of the stove and the picture windows......yah, it was good. I know you are jealous!!
So why do I like my kids to watch tv, cartoons, and movies when it works to my advantage?? You know to keep them occupied while I do something for me.... but when I want them to do something else and they don't--well it's a struggle. I guess it is all about me, and my being in control. hmmmmm. Can I tell you know how sick I am of football, sponge bob, and icarly?
Oh my!! Back to the real world with time limits on tv/computers and such.
NowI need a new book to read. I just finished Subterranean by James Rollins. Pretty good book. Similar to the Journey to the Center of the Earth, very action packed, adventurous, and entertaining. Yes Noelle, it is another "boy" book--Abe might like it..
Well I must go and enjoy the last bit of weedend I have left....starting laundry. Good thing is--the boys only wore 1 change of clothes the entire weekend.
1 day ago



2 comments:
Yep, I'm jealous! Maybe someday...
it does sound lovely. funny you said something about me on this post since abe commented 'find me a book, doesnt one of your friends read guy books a lot?' of course, he meant YOU! i'll be on your shelfari shelf to find him a doozer.
and as soon as i'm finished with this OK book i'm reading, i'll be reading twilight again. i have only read it once knowing full well i'd read it again as soon as the movie came out. i'm excited to read it while i listen to the soundtrack.
Post a Comment