11/20/2008

I'm loosing it!

What is wrong with me!!?

I have had a serious problem the last 5-6 years with forgetting things. I forget conversations, appointments, forget to take things places, return items I've borrowed, etc... Now I know everybody says they forget things-----I really and truly do. In my home everyday, I go downstairs and realize I forgot why I'm there. I go upstairs, click. I remember. Go downstairs. Forget. Holy cow! There are times when I drive off in my car and forget where I'm going.... oh yeah... to the bank, I'll have to turn around and go the other way. Crazy! This week has been particularly horrible.
  • Sunday, after getting everybody in the car to go to my mom's house, I locked myself out of the house..which wouldn't normally be horrible, but the keys to the car were in there too and Russell was at work. Thank goodness my trusty ol' neighbor always keeps an extra key for us, (we use this key quite a lot)
  • 6 am Monday morning Russell asks me, "why is there a gallon of milk in the cupboard?" Um.....I dunno. I used some yesterday making pumkin squares. I thought I put it away. But no, I put the empty sugar canister on the cupboard, and of course then I had to put the milk away, I think it was a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
  • Monday at work....Oh yeah, I told Sandy I would make her some cover pages for her photo albums...oops.
  • Tuesday. How old am I?? How many years have I been having my period?? OK--I totally forgot to put a plug in before going walking. Now there is only so much a panty liner can hold.....not enough I say! Thank goodness for black excercise pants and leather car seats. Gross!!
  • Wednesday. Running late in the am as usual. Made oatmeal to eat on the way to work. Left it sitting on the shelf by where my purse is. Anybody need a cinnamon raisin doorstop?
  • Wednesday. forgot the cover pages....again. Sorry Sandy.
  • Wednesday, forgot to wear mascara to work. Eeeek!
  • Thursday. Went to get clean garments only to find I forgot to put the last load of laundry in the dryer------Tuesday morning. Yuck! Sour clothes. Wash again
  • Forgot visiting teaching appointment. and the fact I was supposed to bring a treat. I'm glad I freeze cookies sometimes. Came in handy today.

What in the world am I going to forget next?? The pecan pie or sweet potatoes for thanksgiving?? Oh I hope not!

Hopefully you all will be forgiving if it is you I forget :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

one word...stress. or three words...lack of sleep or you put them together and tahdah! you have early onset alzheimers. welcome to my ditsy world. did i ever tell you about that time i thought i had taken one out and put another one in only to find out later i had never taken the first one out to begin with? niiiiiiice

big mama said...

oh yeah--I forgot to mention that on one of those days-- I forgot deodorant. boy was I ripe come bedtime....