3/02/2008

Sunday Yummies

March 2nd--Happy Birthday Martha!! Hope your day is great!

I was thinking about a fun little post by the name of Mama's Kitchen--and every week or so add a recipe I love or a new on I am trying out......but that's way too much work--and commitment for the moment. Sooo I had the most wonderful little goodie at our payday potluck lunch at work. (Thanks Pam!) She got the recipe from Good Things Utah. And I experimented on my family. Everyone loved it!--the only problem was trying to make the decision of what to put on top of it--apple pie filling or berries. My vote was definitely the berries--kind of the tart with the sweet--nice little utopia in the mouth action. So here it is:

Sopapilla Cheesecake
2 pkgs refrigerated Crescent Rolls
1 80z pkg. cream cheese
1 tbl. vanilla
1 1/2 cup sugar (divided)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter (I used less)
Topping of your choice
Press 1 pkg. crescent rolls into 9 X 13 pan (or a little larger). Mix cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla; spread over rolls. Place 2nd pkg of crescent rolls on top of mixture (pat thin to cover). Melt butter; mix with 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon then pour over top, and spread to edge. Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes until brown. Serve with topping.
Topping: fresh fruit, frozen berries thawed, any can of pie filling, ice cream topped with crushed cinnamon toast crunch cereal (or cinnamon & sugar), or just eat plain.
Wow! the possibilities are endless.
Do not cover tightly or it will get soggy. (yah right--like there's gonna be anything left.)
Yum Yum!! Caution--you may ingest more than you intend to. My brother ate 4 pieces very easily until I told him what was in it. Mmmmmm.

3 comments:

Marti said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes Terri!! It was a good weekend (even with having to teach the Sunday YW lesson and driving the meth guy to the hospital)...
I'm going to try out your recipe - YUM!!!

Anonymous said...

and you can bring this to GNO. just an idea.

Emily said...

mmmm- my tummy is grumbling already!!