5/01/2008

My biggest little guy

Here's is my first-born earning the highest award in cub scouts--the Arrow of Light. I'm so proud of you Kaden!!He has worked hard for many years earning lots and lots of awards, ranks, belt loops and pins. Now he has earned this baby. It's the only emblem that can go from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts. Way to go dude!!





Here Kaden is crossing over the bridge from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts.



Russell just happens to be the 11 yr old Scout leader and is very excited to have Kaden in his group of scouts. I think this will be fun for both of them.

Thanks to all who helped Kaden get to this point. Cubs has been fun.....but I'm glad I get a break for at least one more year before Karson gets in.

I haven't been very good at putting recipes here, but here's one of the easiest dinners out there. My little ones don't like it so much--but it's so quick and easy and it came from my Granny B.. I remember eating this many times at her dinner table complete with table cloth, cloth napkins, and bread & butter. (Grandpa always had to have bread & butter with every sit down meal)

Granny B's Kidney Bean Casserole

1 lb ground beef (or tukey) cooked with onion & drained

1 can kidney beans

2 cans stewed tomatoes

2 tsp chili powder

2 tablespoons brown sugar

Cook above until boiling then add: 2 or 3 handfuls of egg noodles, macaroni, or other pasta. Cook until pasta is al dente. We always ate it plain, but my family thinks grated cheese needs to go on everything--so now we do that--and you can always add a dolop of sour cream to anything right? (don't forget to serve it with bread & butter)

3 comments:

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Nice job Karson!!!

Anonymous said...

that's really great about kaden. i hope he and russell have fun together in 11 year olds. does that mean russ will stay on until he turns 12? niiiiiiice. that's a whole year until i have to find someone new for that calling. NO ONE is allowed to move before us.
this reminded me of a second today when i peeked a glance at brigham's faith in God book and thought, 'oh yeah, gotta get on that'. a mother's work is never through. off to figure out sharing time for tomorrow.

Deborah said...

Way to go Kaden! You are a great example to those around you! I am excited for you to join your dad in scouts. So fun!