10/30/2008

Good things & Bad things...

Good thing--I got to go and see Kamryn's preschool Halloween program
Bad thing--I missed the boy's Halloween parade

Good thing--I was able to help out in Kaden's class for his party.
Bad thing--My eyes were opened to the kids in his class. Not fun to see what your kid is exposed to everyday at school

Good thing--I walked to Wendy's for lunch with Kam.
Bad thing--...while our car was in the shop.

Good thing--they ordered the parts to fix the car and I only had to wait for 3 hours.
Bad thing--what they thought would fix the ABS system didn't so the quick $100 bill won't cut it and the other part we need is $1,037.00. So now we have just regular brakes-not the anti-lock good ones.

Good thing--Russell saved us $200 by installing new shocks
Bad thing--now we need new tires......

Good thing--I didn't have to make dinner tonight.
Bad thing--When I went to the freezer to take out the frozen meat loaf it was already defrosted....so was everything else in the freezer.

Good thing--we were able to salvage just about everything in the freezer--minus popcicles and some soggy bread
Bad thing--the freezer drain is broken and not able to be fixed.

Good thing--tomorrow is Halloween--then it can be over.
Bad thing--we didn't ever carve pumpkins--wait-that's a good thing!!

I'm so glad i have days like this--it really makes me appreciate the other ho-hum laundry, run errands, play taxi driver, cook, clean, down to earth regular ol' just being a mom day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously, terri. this day sounds completey hair pulling horrible. way to find the good in it. i waved to karson for you, don't worry. :) i am so sorry about your car. they are never ever ever worth it, exept when you need to drive....which is every day. :) dangit.

{lindy baker cakes} said...

I'm sorry. I hope your day goes better today.

Tiffany said...

There is never a dull moment right? I thought things always came in three's...I think you got a multiple of 3's this time!! Hopefully you had a fun halloween night, and don't worry about the pumpkins...we didn't get to carving them either! :)

Babbs said...

This year I completely gave up...well, I guess I did buy one carving kit...not sure why...didn't even buy one pumpkin!