12/14/2008

Things to do before I die....

Thanks Noelle for this. I thought I'd give it a try. Yes, I've done a lot in my life---but I still have soooooo much to do. I want all ya'll to do the same thing. Here's what you do.

Copy this list to your own blog and highlight those things you've done.

1. Started your own blog - not too exciting....but it's a work in progress

2. Slept under the stars sleeping on the trampoline - Most Friday nights in the summer when I was younger. With Jennifer, Crystal, Michelle, and my sister Tammy.

3. Played in a band - nope. never even wanted to.

4. Visited Hawaii-twice. Once with Tanya, Gene, and Suzanne to Oahu in those lovely single days of mine. Once to the big island of Hawaii with Russell when I was 3 months pregnant with Kaden.

5. Watched a meteor shower - at Lake Powell this last summer. Unbelieveable!

6. Given more than you can afford to charity - I wish I could say yes to this one. I give but not enough.

7. Been to Disneyland - A few times--the most recent was this past April.

8. Climbed a mountain - lots

9. Held a praying mantis

10. Sang a solo-nope--I have a choir voice--not to be heard alone.

11. Bungee jumped-Off a 150 foot bridge in New Zealand

12. Visited Paris

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea-On our Carribean cruise in '03

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - I'm more of a see it do it, not coming up with the idea first.

15. Adopted a child

16. Had food poisoning-not documented

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty-well--not all the way up. Took an elevator up most of the way,but got to look out the crown windows. Pretty cool, cuz they don't let you do that anymore.

18. Grown your own vegetables

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France

20. Slept on an overnight train

21. Had a pillow fight - jsut this morning.

22. Hitchhiked-in Moab, trying to float down the Green river with some crazy nurse friends.

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill-not as many as I did when I was single and could ski all the time....

24. Built a snow fort

25. Held a lamb

26. Gone skinny dipping - a few times.... at Lake Powell mostly. hint-don't go down the slide in the buff when you are overweight. You get burns on your hips. he he he

27. Run a marathon- yeah right

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset- I try to every day

31. Hit a home run-grand slam when I was a lot younger in a church ball game.

32. Been on a cruise-planning another--hopefully soon

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors- kind of. My dad's line originated in England and I had a 36 hour layover there once.

35. Seen an Amish community

36. Taught yourself a new language

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied- Can anyone honestly say they have??

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing - in my younger and thinner years.

40. Seen Michelangelo's The David

41. Sung karaoke-Oh those old oncology parties with all my drunk co-workers

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant

44. Visited Africa-Kenya, Tanzania, and even Zanzibar

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - puerto vallarta, Cancun, Hawaii, Zanzibar, Fiji, Mombasa, San Diego

46. Been transported in an ambulance -

47. Had your portrait painted

48. Gone deep sea fishing

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - on those beaches up a ways. Tons of fun!

52. Kissed in the rain

53. Played in the mud

54. Gone to a drive-in theater - oh, many fond memories there....

55. Been in a movie

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business -

58. Taken a martial arts class -

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout cookies - I've eaten a lot

62. Gone whale watching

63. Got flowers for no reason

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.

65 Gone sky diving-193 times. So much fun. So expensive and addictive!

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check

68. Flown in a helicopter-in New Zealand

69. -Saved a favorite childhood toy-Kamryn plays with all my old dollys and my Raggedy Ann & Andy

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten caviar

72. Pieced a quilt

73. Stood in Times Square

74. Toured the Everglades

75. Been fired from a job

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London -on my 36 hour layover

77. Broken a bone-on a mogul field at the top of Snowbird. Tibial platau fracture (underneath my kneecap)

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle-of course--I'm an adrenaline junkie.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car -my Chevy Sprint, and my Chevy Blazer (white one) before marriage of course.

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper

85. Read the entire Bible

86. Visited the White House

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating -on a pioneer trek--wild turkeys. Russ does this all the time. YUK

88. Had chickenpox-when I was 4. I still remember being stuck in bed while all my friends played outside my window...

89. Saved someones life - i'm a nurse. I'm sure indirectly.

90. Sat on a jury-for about 10 minutes. they settled after the 3 hour jury selection was done.

91. Met someone famous-literally ran into President Monson at Primary Childrens about 19 years ago.

92. Joined a book club -not an official member

93. Lost a loved one

94. Had a baby- 3 C-sections

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. -Swam in the Great Salt Lake-my 13th birthday party. We rode our bikes--about 8 miles there from Layton, then I even layed out covered with Crisco. (can you say skin cancer)

97. Been involved in a law suit

98. Owned a cell phone

99. Been stung by a bee -many times

100. Totally copied a post from someone else's blog to your own - YUP. Thanks again Noelle!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy adrenaline junky! you have done fun stuff. i'd love to see some pictures sometime.

Babbs said...

Man, would my list be pathetic! Who makes these lists up anyhow? Glad you have done so much...you can make up for me. :)

Deborah said...

I love this long list! Some the the stories behind them I would love to hear. Ice Cream???