After I droppped Kam & Jorgen off at preschool this am, I thought I would do my thrice weekly bit of excercise at Sugarhouse park. I occasionally do this and thought today would be a fine day for it. When I left Sandy, the wind wasn't blowing, it was cloudy, but not too bad, and the thermometer in the suburban read 48 degrees. Not a problem. When I was driving north, I could see this horrible patch of clouds a little north and west of where I was. Not a problem. When I arrived at the park, there was a slight breeze and there was snow drifting down--not too much mind you. I decided I would go for it. A few snowflakes never bothered anyone. I checked for a hat stashed away in the car and only found a leftover girls camp bedazzled purple bandana. what the heck. I'll wear it to keep the snow from frizzing out my hair. No problem. As I rounded the first corner of the park, the heavens opened and God listened to all those prayers for moisture and let loose. Rain, sleet, hail, snow, howling wind. Now there is a problem. I start running. I figure if I can run/jog I'll get to the car a little faster. When I pass the duck pond and start going up hill, I'm breathing a little heavier, I'm in the cross wind. The snow/sleet is pounding my face. I am rounding the top of the hill, can you picture me--I'm gasping for breath--never having run this fast and far before, I'm in my black fleece pull-over, and black capri pants, I have a purple bedazzled bandana on my head that is dumping water directly onto my face. my glasses are so fogged I can't even see anything and there's snow clinging all over my entire fleecey body. Wow. I decided then and there. I want a gym membership for Christmas! Oh boy do I want one. After an eternity, I made the loop. I'm shivering by now and just as I reach my car...... the sun peeks out from behind the clouds, the storm moves east and is done. The only moisture we've had for weeks on end is over in 20 minutes So, i did what anyone else would do in this situation....I went shopping-- wet hair, clothes, socks, shoes and all. (I did take off the purple bandana) Now here I am at Shopko....squeek squash squeek squash squeek....
A big huge Happy Birthday goes out to my dear friend Deborah tomorrow, 12/5. Deborah--you are awesome! You are so friendly to everyone. You always make everyone feel so comfortable. You are a great listener, a wonderful mother, and a fabulous friend. I hope you can find time on your special day to curl up in a blanket and read a book with a nice big cup of hot chocolate. I wish I was home to take your kids and give you a little break---wanna rain check? Anyway--have a great day!
1 day ago



2 comments:
lolo. the Lord just wanted to see how dedicated you were. :)and i believe that bedazzled headband needs to go in a frame. i would have loved to see you.
You make me laugh! Thanks!
Post a Comment