12/01/2008

My oh my!




Now my tummy is full...again, and I am just thinking how much I love thanksgiving food and leftovers. yum. My favorite leftovers has to be the sweet potato puff. I had it for breakfast...and for lunch....and for breakfast again. Maybe I'll make another batch. Anyone want some??




So as I sit here eating a nice slice of pumpkin pie I am thinking of how much I don't want to tackle my front room. It's like the Christmas train crashed in there. All my decorations are scattered everywhere. I am just too tired to put them up or throw them out. I used to love to decorate my house with cute Christmas decor, fun projects, and painted wood art. Now it's not so much fun. I'm so sick of all my decorations, but now my kids are attached to them all and can't wait to see them each year, they would be crushed if I tossed them. What's a girl to do?? Don't have the $ to replace them with current and modern stuff.....so I guess I'll put up with it yet another year.




So, a funny thing happened at church on Sunday.... Anyone care to guess what this is??







Give up??











OK, here goes the story. We have made it through yet another sacrament mtg and are just beginning the song. I am frantically trying to put away all the "quiet things" back into the church bag and folder while I'm trying to keep Kamryn and Hope from dancing in the isle, (we sat on the very back row with the big isle in front of us) and from whispering in really loud voices. I cornered Kam and put her on my lap just as the closing song was ending. I felt a huge poke in my chest. What was that? Oh, it must be the flower on Kam's dress. hmmmm. She doesn't have a flower in the back of her dress--it's in the front. Then what in the world could that be. poke. there it is again. I looked down. There, poking out of my black sweater 3 inches, was the end of this wire. the white end. It is my underwire bra. yep, in the middle of church. I quickly pulled it out, (a lot like pulling out a long spaghetti noodle out of your nose) a little uncomfortable at an extremely inappropriate place. Yah. Please tell me nobody just saw me...... anybody need a headband?

Here is another photo with my hand so you can just see how HUGE it is.




How embarrassing!! Yup I was a little lopsided at church that day. Just so you know.....the underwire really does work.

I'm off to buy another bra tomorrow.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Yeah, I knew what that picture was. Terri, I so know what you're going through. I really hope you can get things taken care of soon. (If that's what you decide to do.)

Anonymous said...

of all places! hee hee. ha ha. i would have given you money for a bra to have seen that without you knowing i was watching. what a voyer i am. hopefully people just thought it was a really thick hair or something you were pealing off of your sweater. :)

Tiffany said...

Terri...I have just realized you have the funniest bra/boob stories of anyone I know. It must be a sign...ya think? You crack me up! You hope no one saw it, but I'm sure someone did and told everyone else about it - stuff like that never stays a secret! :)

Babbs said...

Yes, here it is Friday at 2:37, and I have absolutely no desire to work. Thought I'd catch up on your blog and all I'm doing is laughing out loud. I can't control it. You do have the best stories! Although mine wasn't poking out of my sweater at church, I too have had to perform an underwireectomy!