12/06/2008

YUM!

Friday at work we had another successful payday potluck. We had yummy chili, stew, breads and cornbread, these amazing chocolate chocolate chip cookies with raspberries in them. I found this recipe on the back of a newsletter I got from Intermountain.

CRANBERRY SALSA


INGREDIENTS

1 (12-ounce) bag cranberries, fresh or frozen
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 bunch green onions, cut into three-inch lengths
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 limes, juiced
3/4 cup white sugar
Pinch salt


DIRECTIONS

Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor
fi tted with a medium blade.
Chop to medium consistency. Refrigerate if not using
immediately. Serve at room temperature. (Let set overnight for better flavor)
Servings: six (only if you each eat 3/4 cup. there was quite a bit)
Preparation time: 15 minutes

NUTRITION INFORMATION
Calories Per Serving: 146, Total Fat: 0.3 grams, Cholesterol: 0 milligrams, Sodium:
76 milligrams, Protein: 1 gram, Fiber: 4 grams, Carbohydrates: 37 grams

This was soooooo great. I suggest making it in advance. It wasn't so tasty when I first made it, but after it sat all night in the fridge the flavors all mixed and it was delicious. I served it with tortilla chips. Today for lunch I spread some cream cheese on a Ritz and then topped it with the salsa......WOW! I definately recommend this for a holiday appetizer.